For nearly four decades, New Life Worship Center has shared God’s word, making a local and global impact. Through acts of love, we give back to our community and support international humanitarian causes. As we continue to spread the Gospel and prove faithful stewards over what God has given us, He continues to bless our ministry. Through the years, we have acquired land and constructed facilities that allow for more fellowship, greater outreach and a larger presence in the community. This is the Nehemiah Project.
New Life Worship Center moved to 1017 8th Avenue, Augusta, Ga. in 1985. As we continued to grow, this location proved to be too small for what God was doing through our ministry, even after constructing an additional facility known as Harambe Hall and purchasing land for additional parking.
In 1996, the Nehemiah Project was birthed based on the scripture Nehemiah 2:18, and we purchased 20 acres of land at what is now known as our South Campus – 3550 Morgan Road, Hephzibah, Ga. In 1997, we began temporarily holding services at Morgan Road Middle School while the Nehemiah Project was formed. We rented administrative office space on Peach Orchard Road in Augusta, Ga.
The Garden of Vision is located at our South Campus on the left side of the road as you enter the gates. Members and ministry partners purchased bricks with their names engraved in gold plates. This garden serves as a memorial to honor those who have contributed to the Nehemiah Project in a major way.
Following renovations, the New Life West family moved into this facility and held its first Life Class August 23, 2016 and Sunday service September 4, 2016. This campus has three buildings: the sanctuary, which includes classrooms and a nursery; The Nest, which includes a kitchen, offices, classrooms, and room to fellowship that doubles as overflow space; and a modular facility offering multipurpose space.
Learn more about the Vision Campaign, Another Nehemiah Project.